Help, my system is not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My system wont start, I mean I press the power button and nothing happens, nothing at all.........Let me explain it to u in detail....

My specs

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 3200+
Geforce 7600GT
1 GB Kingston RAM
250GB Sata Seagate Hard-disk
450 watt PSU

I had assembled this PC more than a year ago...and since then absolutely no problems....and yesterday I wanted to attach it to my LCD tv ( for the first time) so I carried it there and I dont think I manhandled it....Attached it to TV and when I pressed the power button nothing happened....I opened the case....a green light was on but I wont start.....No sparks ,no short circuits coz my TV was on the same strip and if there is any electric problem in my house MCBs always take care of things and shut off the power.......but nothing happened.....and mobo looks as good as new........I think there is a problem with front panel coz it looks a bit retarded.....I am afraid I might do something wrong with that screwdriver trick ,,I might jump wrong pins and then damage my system........if anybody have same mobo and can guide me which 2 pins I have to jump and also I have removed all wires from that power panel on mobo so any help how to refit it

Any possible way to test front panel myself at home ???

1. My system has never overheated
2. Never had any problem before
3. I have always kept it clean from inside
Any more info if u want

Help plzzzzzz

Sound like your PSU conked out.

Try this solution.

Unplug the power from the Hard drive, DVD/CD and floppy, as well as the fans.

Leave the power plugged only to motherboard (Two kind, 1 20/24 pins and 1 4 pins).

If your geforce 7600GT require the power plug, leave it there.

Remove your PCI card off your A8N-SLI.
verify that your SLi card is installed as SINGLE CARD.

Try to power it up.

If no luck, you may need to borrow a good PSU and try it again.

Okay I tried that----removed those hardware but It wont Power up,,,Maybe I think its not an issue with PSU as that green light is on

It is a problem with PSU

In most case, the dead or malfunctioning PSU will be able to turn on the LED on the board, but never starts. This prevent from causing the serious damages to your system.

Have you tried to swap the PSU ?

Thanks,, I will go to a local shop this evening after my class and bring a new PSU....Didnt knew LED can still glow with a bad PSU so thanks for sharing

Can u also plzz tell me what could have happened that caused all this problem,,, so that in future I take care about this

All things electrical age. As they age they break. Nothing you could have done about it.

xv63 said:
Thanks,, I will go to a local shop this evening after my class and bring a new PSU....Didnt knew LED can still glow with a bad PSU so thanks for sharing

Can u also plzz tell me what could have happened that caused all this problem,,, so that in future I take care about this

P.S. The Generic or cheapo PSU dies quicker than reputable PSU.

True. You can generally tell how long a PSU is expected to last by the length of warranty it has. You can also extend its life by running it at less than full power all the time. I mean if you need 400 watts you usually buy a 480-550 watt PSU to keep the power draw down around 70%-85% of the total maximum to be provided by the PSU.

Plus, i would like to point it out.

This happens to my old system before.

Your system MAY be running on minimum power, only if you don't run some heavy program, such as battlefield or other things.

Your system may survive using the minimum power, let says 300W.

BUT, if you are going to use the games, your system may freezes when it tries to suck more than 300W PSU.

That is why we offering you to pick up some PSU that leaves you some spaces, such as 450W to 550W ( depending on the system. )

Your 7600 will requires only about 400W or less, so you can pick up either 450W - 500W.

Thanks guys for all help

The problem was in front panel buttons...PSU was fine...Had to get a new cabinet....and I got a 450 Watt Power supply additional:slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back