Help need for Windows XP Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Hello ? Everyone.
Today, I reformated my hard drives due to certain mel function.
I need windows XP updates that I can download from web sites.
The problem is, I only have modem connection. Therefore, I am going to download updates from somewhere else.

I have Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Anyone knows where I can download all windows XP updates ?
Please note that I can't download updates from Microsoft because I only can use USB drive which is 2 gb and CD-RW.

You use Start, All Programs, Windows Update (the original Update) and then specify Custom and download 10 at a time and install them.

That's all that's needed unless you can't pass the authentication check.

:)

Hello ? CCT.

I can't use it because My computer is Desktop and I can't bring my computer to somewhere to download it.

I need web sites that provide all Windows XP updates.
I will use CD-RW and Flash Driver (2GB) to download them all and Manually Install them all.

Please anyone know the web sites that provide all Windows XP updates, share it in here.

neowing, u did not understand what CCT was trying to tell u, all he told u was how to download the updates as fast as u can do it at u're home on the connection u have, no need to move the computer to anywhere. READ AGAIN

I think i understand what your trying to say.
your pc has only got a 56k connection and so updates will take ages.
you want a website that provide the updates in .exe form so that you can DL from a friends pc (or works etc) at a faster speed
take them home and install later.

as far as im aware im not sure that you can do that.. only other way is getting an IDE to USB converter for you HDD and taking to work or where ever with you then boot from your HDD to find and install the updates.

Ill have a search on the net for you .. but i cant promise anything
in the past ive only found service packs on 3rd part sites
but you never no, thers alot of websites out there.

you could try bit torrent on a machine with a faster connection .. maybe someones got them

resu said:
I think i understand what your trying to say.
your pc has only got a 56k connection and so updates will take ages.
you want a website that provide the updates in .exe form so that you can DL from a friends pc (or works etc) at a faster speed
take them home and install later.

as far as im aware im not sure that you can do that.. only other way is getting an IDE to USB converter for you HDD and taking to work or where ever with you then boot from your HDD to find and install the updates.

Ill have a search on the net for you .. but i cant promise anything
in the past ive only found service packs on 3rd part sites
but you never no, thers alot of websites out there.

you could try bit torrent on a machine with a faster connection .. maybe someones got them

Yes, you are the one who understand my situation.

Also, I want to know if I donwloaded all "Windows Updates", How do I keep it undeleted when I reformatted Hard Drive ?

for that you would have to create a partition i reckon for just the O/S then you can choose which partition to reformat and still keep you windows files safe.

i just found this site http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips87.html
may be of some help to you .. haven't tried it myself but it looks pretty promising

good luck and i hope this helps

Ok, I did some research into this... There used to be an update CD available for free on request from Microsoft (no, I'm not making this up lol) but they've since discontinued it. However, MS now host the image as a DVD ISO on their site.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913086

If you can get someone else who has a broadband account to download and burn it onto a DVD for you, this should sort you out...

:)

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back