Help needed after format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ppl i just formatted my computer now i get these lil yellow ????? in my device manger for these things..

ethernet controller.
multimedia audio controller
pci simple communications controller
sm bus controller
universal serial bus (USB) controller.

i know nothing about computers but im guessing i need drivers for my motherboard? any help please?

computer. hp pavillion.
athlon 64 2.0
1 gig ram
radeon x800 pro
everythin else is standard so i have no sound cuz nothing seems to be installed that is built in.

any help would be great.

mike :hotbounce

Your best bet is to lookup the HP website ( LINK ) & look for drivers in the support area of your pavillion computer.

The yellow ? means that you need to install the drivers for them, either install them from the discs you got with the PC or if you dont have the discs for what ever reason do as Didou says and get the drivers from the HP website.

Thx for the help guys went to the website it said for me to get service pack 2, so did that but it makes my comp die. kind of like its incomplete, makes windows a mess i.e buttons all in wrong places all over desktop i tried this service pack 2 or 3 times and same result each time. i got the yellow question marks down to just 3 so i have sound atleast. any advice on the service pack 2 issue? :wave:

You should roll back out of Service pack 2 and get those drivers loaded first . Read carefully at HP website for ALL of the downloads you need. While you are there Check out the recommendations and files you will need to upgrade to SP2 My HP machine had some issues with SP2 ,however I was able to avoid problems.
The lesson is to check with Manufacturers before doing significant upgrades , They test most things for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back