Help needed for menu problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden the drop down menu on everything display's and after about 1 second, goes away.

Is there a parm somewhere that sets a delay time for this function?

Searched MS and no hits.

Help and Support doesn't do either help or support

Running XP-PRO w/SP2. Worked fine until a couple of days ago.

Restore to prior restore points doesn't help.

Can't do a XP repair since the CD is older than the version I have running so it will not even try.

Ran Spybot, AdAware, Hijack This, AGW virus check. All show nothing. Got to be a parm or setting somewhere. My 3 other systems do not have the problem and all are running same OS and update levels.

Don

it is a registry setting causing your menu delay it can be manipulated in the registry editor if you feel able enought to do so. the process is start-->run-->regedt32-->ok that will get you into the registry editor from there the setting is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER \control panel\desktop double click on the menu show delay value type a number in from 0-4000 represents milliseconds use 0 for no delay. this problem is discussed in microsoft knowledge base article 216445

let me know if it doesn't work :cool:

No Change

I tried both 0 and 5000 but still no change even after re-boots. Menu goes away before it is possible to select a sub menu item.

Found out that it might have been a trial version of Cool Menu so going to see if I can get some help from their support site.

Thanks for the pointer though.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back