Help needed removing Anti Vermin malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastaman

Hi, I have fallen victim to the Anti Vermin malware, I have tried to remove this with no luck. I have already run AVG free edition and also run spybot S&D with no luck. I have attached my hjt log for reveiw. All help will be appreciated

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5 KB · Views: 5
I haven't seen any evidence of Antivermins yet, but I did see what appears to be ProtectionBar, which is yet another "antispyware" application but really does your system harm.

Please read this thread: Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT and AVG logs as attachments into this thread. The AVG log will help us determine how badly your system is infected.

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of rastaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for Antivermins removal.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of rastaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

new logs

I have attached a new hjt and avgas logs. i think i might have eliminated the tanti vermins threat. Please let me know if my logs look clean. Thanks

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O21 - SSODL: hirtellous - {fa19bd7e-50bc-4203-80ac-c4edc81ca9a3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nbbrhbd.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of rastaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is now clean.

I suggest you install one of the free firewall programmes in this thread HERE.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

this is from a new system. just want to make sure everything looks clean.

already gone thru required steps

That HJT log is clean as a whistle mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back