Help needed with pc booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I really need some help.I have a intel 865 gbf mobo and a 2.6 celeron cpu which i have been using for last 1 year.About 2 months ago i started having minor pc freezes and sometimes complete crash.i used to restart and used to work fine.used to happen once a day or something.about 2 weeks ago the problem increased and i cudnt figure out whats wrong.about 2 days ago the problem went extreme and i got really pissed so i started to google about the problem and i thought maybe its the ram.So yesterday morning i took out my ram sticks kingston 512 and 256 mb. and when i put them back and tried to boot pc i started having 3 beeps and nothing on screen.i tried fixing ram again but still didnt work.Then i took my pc to a local shop and the guy looked at it and first said its my mobo which isnt working and the next day when i went to pick it up he said my mobo has done something to my processor and it needs to be changed aswell.I didnt feel like spending so much money so i brought it back. i googled again and everywhere it says thats its ram ram ram .
So now i need ur advice what shud i do ? ive already taken out ram 100 times and tried resetting them again and again but still 3 beeps and nothing.pc looks fine.fan working ... little green light on mobo on.everything seems normal except for 3 beeps and nothing on screen.
i also tried a ram of my friends on my pc and nothing again.
Any kind of help will be appricated.(sorry for this long post) but i dont trust the guy at that shop who said even the processor is gone.

Am having a new problem now :/ .. i read on a forum that i should try taking out my hd and rom connections and try .. i did that at first it booted once without any beeps.so i tried putting back hd and rom back one by one ... but now my pc isnt even starting :s .. i can see the green light on mobo on and the fan moves for a fraction of a sec but then everyhting stops :/ sorry for troubling u guys

similar problem

I have asus mobo and amd processor and on boot i get 1 long beep and three short ones and then nothing...this is my 2nd motherboard..same problem..wondering if processor is bad now...cant get anyone to answer my postings though
Derreke

Hello Paranoid,

I had also your simptoms on my computer. One day the computer won't start. (I had 1 Gb of Ram consisting in 2x512 M memory sticks then I removed a memory stick)
I verified alone the memory sticks and I saw one memory wasn't working. So I changed the stick and mounted againg together but againg won't start so I changed the second stick of memory.

If the memory change won't work than I guess the problem is on your Mb.

Good luck to you for the future

thanks for the help .. it was indeed my memory..both the sticks were not working,so i bought new and pc is booting now.
But now its back where it started from, my pc crashes randomly.i always thought it was the ram.but after getting new ram its still crashing. any advice plz?
also when my pc boots there is a black screen for 5 secs before it actually starts to boot.:s

Freezing Problems

When is your computer freezing?
Do you have CD-ROMs on your computer?
We need more information.

hi,
it freezes randomly,while playing games,watching a movie,checking emails or even when its idle at night.my complete spec is
2.66 intel celeron
intel
512 kingston ram(used to be 768 but 1 stick isnt working anymore like mentioned above
fx5200 gfx card
80gb and 120gb hard drives
cdrw and dvdrw

pc freezing

Hello,

There are many things that are causing the freezing.
Hardware:
The temperature of processor, caused by the imperfect surface of the Al (or Cu) radiator who is not cooling the processor, the fan which is non-functioning proper;
You can cool down the temperature by sanding the surface of the radiator with proper sand paper, changing the cooling fan or puting a case fan into the computer case.
The Cd-roms are also causing the freezing of the computers when they are very used or old- solution -change them.
A hidden defect on the mobo which is hard to diagnose

SOFTWARE
Maybe you have a virus;
Try to install the system on a clean Hdd, then install the program you use daily one by one.

The anti-virus program you use.
Do you use a firewall?

Good luck in your quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back