Help needed with speakers ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezza911

gday

i have creative inspire 2.1 2500 sound system that refuse to work
i had to reinstall windows a while ago because of a virus and when i installed everything it was all working fine but when i connected my speakers they didnt work. i went to the controle panel and added the hardware maunally but when i went into the sounds and audio devices it said that this device isnt working (code 10).

i pluged my speakers into my ipd and they worked fine

is there anything i can do to fix this. does it have anything to do with my sound card ?? SOMEONE HELP PLZ.
as usual the windows troubleshooting thing was useless so i turned to the net

i am not brilliant wiht computers so any explinations need to be explained in english not like profesional computer ppl talk.

anyhelp would be greatly appriated.

kezza

i have the exact same problem, but i heard you have to get the cd that comes with your motherboard so you can reinstall the sound card drivers, and then everyting should work fine.

That would be okay as long as the motherboard has integrated audio and you are using it. If you have a separate PCI sound card, you should go to the sound card manufacturer's site for the latest driver bundle.

help still needed

guys i reinstalled the sound card i think because i have a seperate one but do i still have to reinstall the orriginal one like the motherboard one ???
HELP ME PLZ

u must UNINSTALL and DISABLE (MUST) the motherboard or integrated one. Then enable and also install your separate one. Remember, do not install the separate sound card before uninstall and disable the integrated one.

dudes and dudets

guys this is all good but i am not the most brilliant with compts can u like explain it to me in easy to follow steps maybe .....

thanks

okay... its better if you tell us earlier ;)

First go to add/remove program in control panel and find the driver of your integrated sound card (i.e. sigmatel or soundmax or realtek) and remove it completely, and restart. When windows prompt to install driver for it, do not install, but DISABLE it instead in device manager (right click my computer > hardware) usually it will have an exclamation mark beside.

After that, insert your PCI soundcard. Install the following driver for the soundcard. It should work properly...

help still needed

well i tried that idea but when i reinstalled the speakers it said the this device will not start code 10 thing again .. i know the speakers arnt broken because i can use them like on ym ipod and other media thingies. i really have no idea what to do .

device will not start.... maybe you have install the wrong version of software. Do you get it from CD or from the NET ?

Ive done this before, usually caused by wrong version of driver.

well i just plugged in the speakers then went to add hardware then added ti that way and like as soon as i had installed it it came up as the stupid code thing

yeh boys i think ur right it is somewthing to do witrh the sound card and i am not paying good money to make them come out and fix it when i could probs do it mysle f. ANY MORE IDEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back