Help! Netgear router

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyman502

Hello Everyone, I have just recently been experiencing problems with my Netgear WGR616 V6 router. I came back about a week ago from vacation and all the lights on the router were flashing. I didn't think to much about it, and just reset the cable modem and router. I reinstalled the router software and verified all the correct information. I also updated my router with some patch on the netgear website. Every time i reset the router it only lasts about half an hour. Then a message pops up at the bottom right hand corner of the screen saying. "Network Cable unplugged". This really frustrates me as i have also replaced the ethernet cord supplying the connection. I also checked to make sure the cables are plugged in correctly. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I currently am running Windows XP. Someone told me the wireless card inside the tower may be malfunctioning. And they usually run cheap on newegg.com. So any suggestions or help would greatly appreciated, since i want to play Call of Duty 4 online on the ps3. Thanks

update the WiFi driver.

verify that your land-line phone is NOT a 2.4ghz wireless also as it will interfere
with your WiFi connection.

If you're on the internet via DSL connection with your TelCo, then be sure ALL
phones have the filter installed as close to the wall jack as possible.

I did upgrade my router. When i went back to install it, within the setup process Netgear has a place where you can download updates for the router. I did that and updated it. But i still have the network cable unplugged problem.

1. Check Network Cable for damage on the line
2. Check that the router gets the 1,2,3 or 4 lights for that Computer.
3. Reinstall the adapter (right click connection and hit repair)

Simon

I had a similar problem with my Netgear firewall. Unfortunately my router was broken and needed to be replaced, and my guess is yours is also broken.

Hummmm. im starting to think its broke. Wow i bought this router for 60 bucks and it only laster about 2 weeks. Terrible, im going to switch to a Linskys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back