Help-Network connected but internet won't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
my network says its connected but internet won't work >.< im on a windows XP home edition on a laptop and thats all i have.I also don't no the people who have the network,that I connect to.I also don't have that much experience with computers.

Hi Virako and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Before we go into all the possibilities how about supplying us with some information, it makes our job a bit easier

Who is your ISP ?
What people, what Network ?
How do you connect to the internet ?

Regards

oh could you read the following threads It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

well,this is my first laptop so i don't no that much.Right now i am using dial-up and i want 2 use DSl but Cavalier doesn't have it in my area now.The people im talking about r the owners of the wireless and i don't no them.

If you get to know those people with a "network" or maybe even a wireless connection to the Internet, they might let you access the Internet through their wireless ISP (Internet Service Provider) They can do this for you easily. If you do this, you can dump the clunky dial up ISP

Virako said:
The people im talking about r the owners of the wireless and i don't no them.

thats slightly illegal, in fact its called theft of services and if caught and convicted you could face a big fine and possible imprisonment, but like Tmagic says if you get to know them and offer them a small payment they may very well let you use it.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back