Help On Network Problem Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

This is quite a strange problem that happened a little bit of time ago.

I have a Laptop that gets DSL internet via a modem and then it distributes it with Internet Connection Sharing via Wi-Fi to two other sytems.

Recently these two other systems are refusing to load SOME websites not all such as www.yahoo.com, www.google.com

Firefox Says Connection Timeout

However it loads other websites such as www.wikipedia.com and many others. I have tried to play around with MTU but no luck! Please help me on this one.

I have also tried Tracert on some address and it works however it gives a request time-out often.

Regards,
David

The sharing system can access these websites?

You might want to take a look at our security section of the forums and do some preliminary malware detection.

Nodsu said:
The sharing system can access these websites?

You might want to take a look at our security section of the forums and do some preliminary malware detection.

Thanks for your reply,

The Host system can access all websites fast and without any problem! Regarding malware i have done Rootkit scans, Spybot Scan, Spyware Doctor Scan and NOD32 3.0 Antivirus Scan without any problems detected.

It is only a very small fraction of websites that are not loading (excluding the fact that the other load slow due to packet losses) and these are the important once such as Google and Yahoo :(

I would appriciate some help on this topic please guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back