Help PC OVERHEATING!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Biostar board similar to your's. It also says 127C on some of the sensors. I thought that they maight have been corrupt but I guess Speed Fan just has an issue with them.

I would say its safe to use if mine does the same thing and it runs Oblivion on Ultra High.

Looking at the 1,350,000RPM fan speed should tell you that speedfan is a horribly poor quality program ;) And it reports my CPU as 2,729,544,000C... Obviously something is wrong when a program reports my CPU as nearly 3 billion degrees Celsius :)

either your processor/northbridge is the sun or you better use another program. (i use nxsensor, google it)

Like I said, it reports terribly ;) Nearly 3 billion degrees for my CPU, and my friends "Temp 1" is - 296C which is lower than absolute zero.

Yea, you have some really messed up temp readings. You should do what Intel recommends you do, and cut a small gouge in the heat spreader on the CPU, and insert a thermal probe thingy. Then you can find the real temperature of your CPU ;)

Ok, i looked in the bios and the CPU temp was 40C ..... maybe its taking 25c from the cpu and putting it on the mobo? xD

In that case, it sounds as if your sensor is not compatible with the programmes your using, or it`s faulty. In either case, I don`t think it`s anything to worry about. If you really had a temp problem, your system would be very unstable.

Regards Howard :)

ok alrite... thanks.. any ways ill add some fans here just so i dont have anything to worry about ;D ...

by the way. In bios it says Overheat Shuttdown temp... and its disabled... maybe i should enable it?

Yup :D Even with the most advanced cooling system ever made, that takes 45,000 Gigawatts to run, the plasma in the Mighty Entry-Level Single Core Athlon 64 remains at nearly 3 billion degrees ;)

Well what temperature should i set it at? its not automatic lol. I have to put in my own temp ... :0

I`d say set it at around 55°C to 60°C should be about right. You could set it less than that, but your system might shut down at inopportune moments.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back