HELP! PC won't boot after installin F.E.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

Need urgent help!

My pc suddenly won't boot unless I unplug my headset cable out from the USP port. This problem never happen before till I installed F.E.A.R that came with directx 9.0c

I solved the problem temporary by unplugging the headset cable.

What should I do to fix this problem T.T

If its usb related problem on bootup, check BIOS and see any setting to do with USB boot eg: USB Boot drive [enabled], USB Legacy Devices [enabled] etc and try disabling it or switching it to some other possible setting.

problem fixed! : DD

I accidently deleted DAO or something which come with ATI in the "add or remove programs". I thought it was some sort of spyware -_- lol

So I removed all those old ATI drivers suggested by ATI website and update with the current Catalyst.7.1 , and now the problem is fixed :-D

thz for the help, moving on

good news went horribly wrong.. anyway... after the above post, the next day my PC won't start.
took me a day and still couldn't figure it out why. Brought it to a PC shop and have everything formatted lol :-(

now its running fine, except my P2P won't work and my DVD burner won't burn 16x correctly.

ps. it took the tech at my PC shop 2 day to figure that problem which was to reformat to solve the problem (pc won't detect my video card)

so... its all good?

usually a reformat is the most painful and quickest fix available.. especially when the guy fixing it for you is on limited time..

try a firmware update for your dvd burner

P2P stuff probably needs some network configuring and pass through access through the firewall or something.. don't forget to exercise caution when downloading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back