Help!! pf usage 1.10GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey my pf usage is very high, ive been looking rouncl ancl people seem to b getting worriecl when its like 500mb but mines 1.10gb. how clo i get it clown?? also ive got like 67 processes running but i clont know whats safe to shut clown ancl whats not...can anyone help please??

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Please go and read this and then post a fresh HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread. That will enable us to see what processes are running on your system, so we can tell you what to disable.

What process has the highest memory usage?

Regards :)

yeh i can rely clownloacl n install things will take forever...but the top 10 processes are:

SPBBCSvc.exe SYSTEM 160,000 kb
iexplore.exe Simon 37,000 kb
msnmsgr Simon 20,000 kb
svchost SYSTEM 9,000 kb
explore Simon 6,000kb
iexplore Simon 6,000 kb
taskmgr Simon 5,000kb

uurrmm actually i ca i attach a prtscr for the rest?? wireclly there some stuff on ther that im not even using. any feeclback great cheers :)

SPBBCSvc.exe is a part of Norton AntiVirus, which is quite possibly the cause of your problems. I used to use Norton, but I've switched to AVG. Norton tends to be a resource hog.

That pagefile usage is unusually high, however; do you have any other antivirus or antispyware software installed? When I was using Norton, I tried installing AVG Anti-Spyware; I think my PF usage was ~800MB until I uninstalled AVG Anti-Spyware.

I do recommend removing Norton from your system and installing either AVG or Avast free antivirus. You may notice an increase in system performance.

If you have any trouble removing Norton, see this thread.

Regards :)

ok cheers but surley this cannot be the source of the problem...i mean how come Norton woulcl suclclenly start using more cpu power?? i have also scannecl for spyware ancl viruses a couple of times but nothings come up even tho im sure theres something on here. also are these other anti-virus softwares as goocl as norton? i use bitlorcl alot so clont want to be attackecl :). thanks.

p.s sorry the reason i think i have spyware is because recently i have experiencecl alot more pop-ups than usual, especially fron AVsystemCare offering me a free scan or something..you ever hearcl of them? also the wirless connection has become VERY slow for anyone else using it whilst i am which is unusual aswell, was just normal before. cheers..B.A.k

You, my friend, have a SMITFRAUD infection! Congratulations, it's one of the most painful and frustrating things to remove short of a wipe and reload. AVSystemCare is one of many similar products that scare you with aggressive adverts, pop-ups and other assorted nasties to goad you into buying their useless product. You have an infection, and your AVSystemCare is most likely the culprit- definitely not the cure.

There are some tools you can try, Smitrem and Roguescanfix. Google them. Good luck, because they can get nasty.

Also, get Norton off your system with SymNRT. Norton was once good, back in 2002-ish...now, they must funnel all their money into marketing because their latest offerings are bunk, and not for low-end systems. Norton WILL suck your system dry. And it will miss a lot. As a mobile computer tech, I'd say about 30-40% of my calls end up being related to Norton.

Spy Sweeper with Anti-virus is great right now. But it's always changing.

Do yourself a favor and ditch that bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back