help please!!! DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help..

I have a Toshiba Satellite A75-S206 and Windows Pro. This computer comes with the Atheros 5004G Wireless Card (internal) and it seems that there is a problem with some windows update and the card.

It will work fine for few minutes and then I get a blue screen saying DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and also I notice that It said tcpip.sys.
I just reinstalled windows just in case it was a problem with my sofware but I still have the same problem.

After the blue screen I get a black screen saying Resource Conflict PCI Wireless Card.

I already installed the drivers again and as I said It'll work fine for few minutes and then same thing happend.

Any Idea???

Thanks....

Hi,

TCPIP is a stable module. It crashes only if hardware error. You can search Microsoft. Let me know if you find a new hit relating to software error at TCPIP which cause blue screen problem.

I believe the culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C). Make sure that CPU fan is working properly.
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
3. Downclock the ram
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back