Help please. Video card not working. Cant find the right driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I was trying to play a game on the computer, but it kept showing a black screen and then the computer would freeze. I started investigating this and found some info on video cards and drivers. I ran some tests and found out that it is the driver for the video card that is not working. This is where I start to get confused. I cant find the right driver to download.
Info on video card and driver,

Name: SiS_650_651_M650_740
Manufactuer: SiS
Chip type: SiS 640 Rev 00
Main Driver: SiSGRV.dll

I did some research on my video card and driver but not alot comes up. On the the SiS website they have a section where you can download new drivers. This is the link to the sis download page, http://www.sis.com/download/ . The problem is I cant find my video card on there. I dont know what to download. Does anyone know which driver I should get?

I normaly dont ask for help unless I really need it. I know nothing about computers, and have been trying for a week to solve this on my own. Can someone please help me with this. I have already sent an email to tech support at sis.com but it will probably be a while before they respond (if they do at all). So, what should I download. Thanks.

Edit: Also, I have windows XP. Plus I found some similar topics to this one by searching google but all the links no longer work, so they arnt useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back