Help!problem with m-audio FW 410

Status
Not open for further replies.

idealkrush

problem with m-audio 410

Hello there,
I spend around 600euros couple of months ago buying one of the so called best sound interfaces money can buy.The m-audio 410 firewire.The sound card has great recording capabilities when its working!
It is suddenly after a few hours of operation loosing its conectivity.The blue light is on but there is no sound card recognized.I have to restart my computer every time and believe me that is a pain in the ***.Sometimes its happening even more often. I follwed again and again the instalation instructions and updated the drivers.What could be going wrong then?
I have to clarify that the firewire cable is connected to a PCI card with 3 firewire ports that i have installed in my motherboad.Could that be the problem?or the cable it self?(other devices that i have used there worked fine though).Where the conflict can be?maybe the windows xp?
Can anyone help me please?i would be greatfull...

Operation system:
p4 3.2
Ram 1G
Windows XP with SP2

PS in a forum i read that it might be the Firewire card chipset.what is that and how can i check it?

thanks in advance

Have you the latest Drivers for the Firewire 410 installed? You can find them here if unsure, last updated March 17, 2005 for XP

Hello there,
I spend around 600euros couple of months ago buying one of the so called best sound interfaces money can buy.The m-audio 410 firewire.The sound card has great recording capabilities when its working!
It is suddenly after a few hours of operation loosing its conectivity.The blue light is on but there is no sound card recognized.I have to restart my computer every time and believe me that is a pain in the ***.Sometimes its happening even more often. I follwed again and again the instalation instructions and updated the drivers.What could be going wrong then?
I have to clarify that the firewire cable is connected to a PCI card with 3 firewire ports that i have installed in my motherboad.Could that be the problem?or the cable it self?(other devices that i have used there worked fine though).Where the conflict can be?maybe the windows xp?
Can anyone help me please?i would be greatfull...

Operation system:
p4 3.2
Ram 1G
Windows XP with SP2

PS in a forum i read that it might be the Firewire card chipset.what is that and how can i check it?

thanks in advance

i've seen seen IEEE controllers crap out because they were running too many devices or passing too much electric current through the bus. you should try another IEEE 1394 perhiperal in the troubled system, and if that works then you should return the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back