Help - Radeon X1900XT wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyr0d

Hello.

I just built my new pc, and when i press the start button on the case, everything is fine, but my graphic card doesnt seem to boot... it is a red lamp on it that is on when its an error i think.

I have put in the PCI-Express cable to the card... anyone know what can cause this problem?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 2,0GHz.
Radeon X1900XT - 512MB
1024MB RAM
ASUS A8N-SLI SE Mobo.

Two Things....

....make sure you've plugged 12V power into the vid card "as well" as the power plug right next to the primary PCI-E slot on your motherboard. The red color is normal on that card. I'm running a X1900XTX on my rig and it does the same thing but runs flawlessly. The extra power plug is to keep stable power going to the PCI-E ports.

Also, make sure your power supply is capable of powering everything in your rig.

Hmm 12V.. isnt that the 6-pin PCEe thing?

Also i got 500W so i dont think thats the prob.

Also, the GRAPHICCARD fan is at FULL speed. And the card doesnt boot up..

Just because it's a 500W doesn't mean it'll have enough juice to power the X1900 series cards.

You should have a bare minimum of 20-22A on the 12V rail. You should inspect the specs of your PSU and ensure you have such. They CAN run on some, higher quality 19A/12v PSU's but that's pushing it.

Frostyr0d said:
Hmm 12V.. isnt that the 6-pin PCEe thing?

Also i got 500W so i dont think thats the prob.

Also, the GRAPHICCARD fan is at FULL speed. And the card doesnt boot up..

The 4 pin power receiver right next to the primary slot. It's mandatory you have power to that. It looks just like the male power receivers on your hard drives and cd drives.

Just to clarify a bit here. The X1900XT has a 6 pin PCI-E auxilliary power supply connector on the end that has to be connected to the power supply. I have an X1900XTX myself. I think that has been done here. However, there is another power connection on the motherboard that you should make sure is also connected. It is a white 2x2 connector located at the upper left of the installed motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back