HELP! Really Weird Fan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a laptop that has always been fine, I reinstalled win xp pro on it and now it runs liek realyl fast for liek 15 minutes and then the fan comes on and is really loud, then my computer just gose liek dead slow. How can this be? I need some quick help fast, I need this laptop for work.

Any help is greaty appericaited -Shane

P4 Mobile 1.6 GHz

EDIT
My Guess:?

Im guessing that either the CPU is getting really hot for soem reason, or the CPu thinks it getting really hot.

Witch is turning the fans on full blast
and
Lowering the CPU Speed?

To cool it down?

It might be overheating. Can you open it and clean out all the dust that may have accumulated? I'll bet there is a lot, especially around the fan and CPU.

Your fan might be on the way out. It's possible. Many cpu's that get too hot just shut down the entire system (everything). Good idea to do the maintenence that you plan (cleaning out the dust). Good Luck.

I could not decide witch screws to unscrew so i took it out to my shop and blew the air compressor through it. It is now running faster then ever. The fans are now only on when needed. it works perfect.

Thank you all.

So many homonyms, so little high school....

Just a friendly little reminder from a frustrated English teacher, A "witch" flies on a broom. In a sentence with "which": Which witch was doing what with which broom where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back