Help-Reboot Select Proper Boot Device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Im Building a new PC and im having some major problems trying to install vista on it.

I cant seem to boot the Vista in the CD drive? I have selected Boot device 1 as cd drive and it picks up all drives ok in BIOS. But still will not boot from CD?

All i get is a reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key

Anyone have a clue?

The specs are as follows

Intel Asus P5KC 775
Intel Q6600 Quad Core

Samsung Sata 2 500g HD
LG CD writer drive
Radeaon HD 3850
4 Gig Corsair memory

Some optical drives may work well in windows (normal use) but on boot, fail.
This is because the boot record placement on the front most of the windows disc, may not be seen, due to poor optical error of the drive itself.

Or in laymans, have you tried another cd/dvd drive ?

Other errors can be the disc itself has been scratched or generally marked, causing corruption (or faulty disc) itself.

Or, have you tried cleaning the cd ?

Another concern is the computers and cd/dvd drive ata data cable being incorrectly fitted; damaged; or excessive length (non standard)

Or, please try swapping the cd/dvd data cable.

The cd/dvd drive jumper configuration: either cable select or master, may need to be adjusted.
I've found this on a few cd/dvd drives, that some work better on cs (the norm) whilst others (even new hardware) seem to work better on master.
Please check the jumper switch position on the back of your cd/dvd drive.

Only other option is non-original windows disks (ie burnt copies) as this area can be huge, on disc type and quality, i'll just ask, is it original?

Lastly, you may need to set CMOS to 1st 2nd 3rd to cd/dvd if possible. Then return it to 1st cd/dvd 2nd hdd on first restart.
Some computers are just too quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back