HELP Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwnewson

Hi. I found similar problems like this on other forums but no clear solution... Can anyone help?

I just installed a brand new Cicero CD Writer and installed Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum. I have Windows 98 SE and installed the update from Roxio website upgrading the software to version 5.3.5.10 (newest). For some reason, when I try to run the program, it says three error messages in a row:

"Easy CD Creator Initialization Engine has failed."
"Exception in CreateInstanc of Creator!"
"Creatr50.exe: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

I don't know what else to try!? Roxio's website doesn't have this specific problem... it just gives general Win98 troubleshooting hints, none of which work.

I tried this EXACT same procedure on my brothers computer... another exact same CD writer, same version of Easy CD Creator, etc and it works perfectly.... the only difference is that he is running Windows 2000 instead of 98.

HELP!!
Thanks a lot.

I've seen reference to unsupported CDRW drives when looking up that error. Updating the firmware seemed to fix it, but not always.

rwnewson, I'd apply any roxio updates that are out there, and follow that with a firmware upgrade.

Many programs are being designed these days to not support windows98, and you may wish to consider moving to a new operating system soon, or finding a new burning program. Sad, but true.

Welcome to TechSpot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back