Help Running Black and White 2 - Any Assistance would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard the Duck

Hi, this is my first thread here. I'm looking for help getting a graphic card that will be compatible with Black and white 2, which I just recieved for Christmas on PC.

I've got an Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, which seems to be causing the problem. Whenever I run my game, an error message appears saying something along the lines of: "Black and White 2 only supports graphics cards compatible with Pixel Shader 1.1 or higher."

I don't have much experience with graphics cards, but I tried to find a way to get a free update on Intel's site to no avail. I tried several installation programs that seemed to be designed for my card, but for some reason all of the installations crashed.

What I want to know is if there is a way to update my card or get a new one for free that will work with this "Pixel Shader." I also want something that won't screw up my other games or programs, because the last time I tried installing a new driver it completely screwed up my computer for months. I don't want that happening again.

I don't know how to exlpain my system specs other than that my computer is an XP home edition I bought a few years ago. As far as I know it's equipped with suitably new hardware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I hit the same problem when I tried to run BW2, in the end I just gave up, no game is worth being forced to upgrade your hardware just to play it, apart from which from the reviews I read, its pants....

Pixel shading is something your card either can or cant do.

See here.

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:
Hi

I hit the same problem when I tried to run BW2, in the end I just gave up, no game is worth being forced to upgrade your hardware just to play it, apart from which from the reviews I read, its pants....

Pixel shading is something your card either can or cant do.

See here.

Regards

Yeah, since I posted I looked into it further, and I've come to the conclusion that unless I can find a free updrage, I'll have to buy new hardware starting at $150, install it, and then play the game.

And you're right, it isn't worth it. I wish there was a way to get another card for free, or an upgrade. I'm not sure if one exists. Intel's site sure doesn't seem to be helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back