HELP sapphire 9700 pro core/mem speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a computer from viciouspc.com and I got a 9700 pro board with it. I know it is a pro becuase I took it out and it said "sapphire 9700 pro" on it. However, the core/mem speeds come stock at 297/290 which is not right, pro 9700s should be 325/310. I know it's not a 9700 np becuase np's are 270/275. when I overclock it to what the speed should be (325/310), I get minor artifacts. This should not happen with a 9700 pro at stock speeds. I was hoping to get it to like 350/325 or something to that effect. What could be wrong with the card?

they could have used different memory for the board. There is a program floating around the web that will tell you the specific type of ram the is used on the board...I think its radedit (but dont quote me on that). You should check out the forums over at www.rage3d.net for a little more info. Just dont pay any attention to the whinners!;)

that's because

you do not, have, the pro, .....dude.......i don't care what it says...........and the moon is made of........you get the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back