HELP Should I buy this used pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I am considering buying a socket 754 AMD 3400+Proc
Nvidia FX5700 256 mb video AGP8X
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro motherboard~~, lg cd-rw drive(52X write), pci creative dedicated sound card, and a cpu/hdd/motherboard tempreture monitor
for an extra $40, i will add a 512mb stick of kingston's hyper x gaming RAM
1 1/2-year old, like new blue mid-tower case w/ cold cathode light, 3 80mm blue LED fans, 450 watt power supply, window, front light all in perfect working condition. Price $450
Is this a fair?
Thank you in advance,
KLM
:confused:

No

KLM said:
Hello All,

I am considering buying a socket 754 AMD 3400+Proc
Nvidia FX5700 256 mb video AGP8X
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro motherboard~~, lg cd-rw drive(52X write), pci creative dedicated sound card, and a cpu/hdd/motherboard tempreture monitor
for an extra $40, i will add a 512mb stick of kingston's hyper x gaming RAM
1 1/2-year old, like new blue mid-tower case w/ cold cathode light, 3 80mm blue LED fans, 450 watt power supply, window, front light all in perfect working condition. Price $450
Is this a fair?
Thank you in advance,
KLM
:confused:
there are types of AMD that are under 100USD and are better, you cant do that much with an fx5700, i think the mobo is ok, most cathodes eventually burn out and im pretty sure the seller put in a very cheap psu

Thank you very much for your prompt response...I have turned down the offer.
BTW, this is a very informative board...I will be visting & recommending this to others.

KLM

Yes and no. If you sourced all that now brand new it would be close to $450.
The question is why would you. The socket 754(single channel DDR) is dead, replaced by the 939 (Dual channel DDR)which is now replaced by the 949 (Dual DDR2). Second the gfx card is peeyou. Also agp is dead, pci-e is the new interface (over a year ago).

If you go to Newegg.com (US area) and look up 754 mobo and that FX5700 you'll see what I mean.
While your there look up a 939 pci-e mobo, AMD 64 3400, a GeF 6600GT (pci-e), 512M DDR RAM and a case (nothing too fancy). See what that costs.
We can walk you thru the installation.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back