Help, slow browser and popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

siedog

After going through your extensive processes on preliminary removal, i'm not sure if my system is clean, and I am getting slow browser speeds. Attached is my HJT file.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I cannot open your .doc file due to the risk of viruses etc.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log, with either a .log or .txt extension as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of siedog only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log does have one or two nasties in it. Please post an AVG Antispyware log into your next reply.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath your need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINNT\system32\vqfcjbux.dll

Then, do the following.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe
uewc.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E03C740E-BB24-4d3c-B92A-6F84DE1DD99C} - C:\WINNT\system32\vqfcjbux.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Rrow] C:\Documents and Settings\Siedog\Application Data\uewc.exe

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winhdn32 - winhdn32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\Siedog\Application Data\uewc.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of siedog only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok, here's the latest.

I think it worked with what you told me to do although I did encounter an error when using the vmundofix.exe. It gave me an error saying it couldn't access the registry, then told me to click ok to reboot.

Attached is the latest HJT file along with the latest AVG file I ran in normal mode afterwards. Let me know if anything is wrong.

Thanks.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

thanks

Thanks Howard and very much appreciated.

Is there anything to delete from the processes on my system that are unneccesary to make my system run more smoother and faster? If there are, please let me know how I can stop them.

Also, what kind of these anti-spyware to keep? right now, I have spybot, ad-aware and AVG (shareware) as well as the yahoo anti-spy. Keep them all?

Again, much appreciated.

Go HERE and download msconfig. Put it in the c:\winnt\system32 folder

Click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key. Click on the startup tab and disable anything you don`t want to start with Windows. Click apply/ok and reboot your system. Once your system has rebooted, you will see a Windows that says you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your computer and click ok.

Get rid of the yahoo antispyware as you already have the AVG Antispyware programme.

Have HJT fix the following unecessary items.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioAudioCentral] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [projselector] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Project Selector\projselector.exe" -r

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [popcast] "C:\Program Files\Popcast\popcast.exe" -boot

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything you don`t want or use.

Then, go and read this thread HERE. It`ll show you how you can speed up your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back