Help - soundblaster live not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys

my soundblaster live has been working for 7 years now and i have been having a few problems with it now. i tried changing it to different slots on the motherboard and still cant get it to work. when i open up sounds it says SB LIVE and everrything seems to work but when i play a file i get no sound. i checked if it was my speakers but my speakers work fine. i tried installing the new updated drivers from creative and it says.. sound blaster detected no card on ur system..

someone PLEASE help.. i have tried everything possible

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

After all that time, it`s quite possible the card has died. Try it in another computer just to test and see what happens. If it still won`t work, then a new sound card is in order.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes, I agree with Howard... A new sound card may be necessary. I'm running an old Santa Cruz PCI sound card. It still works fine... Still much better for games than my MSI on-board sound

thanks guys
im running a ASUS P3V4X motherboard.. so its pretty old

should i get live 5.1 or audigy SE.. im not sure if 7.1 would work on the asus motherboard

3xotic said:
im not sure if 7.1 would work on the asus motherboard

I don`t think that`d be a problem, seeing as how it`s the soundcard that would determine that. I use an SB Audigy4 5.1 and I love it. A lot really depends on what you want and how much you`re prepared to spend.

I still think you need to test your current card in another system first, just to make absolutely sure.

Regards Howard :)

But isnt soundblaster live 16 bit.. rather than 24 bit? The motherboard is 7 years old.. and the new 24 bit PCI cards are bigger too than the 16 bit.. so im not sure if they would fit into the actual PCI slot. Do you think they would?

Either way I want to add a Logitech 5.1 speaker package so might as well grab a new sound card dude

Thanks for your help

I wouldn't spend too much on a new sound card. Your money might be better spent on a new computer upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back