HELP!! Stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to turn on my computer, I get the Stop Error blue screen. It won't load in any mode, I've tried all safe modes and last known good configuration and it just gives me the error message. I don't have a Windows XP disk and I've tried using the UBCD but I'm not quite sure how. The error message is:
0x00000024
(0x00190203, 0x8130FEFO, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

You say, "I don't have a Windows XP disk..." and so from this I gather that you have XP on the machine...have you tried to go to a restore point prior to your having begun to have problems? See if you can restore to a time from before you bagan to have the problem that you are now having and see if that will work for you...best to you...

He said he couldn't get into any mode.

I'd say the best way is to get your hands on a winxp cd and try to recover/reinstall.

Hello, rubeeye127, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, you have two options here:

1. Get a hold of an XP disc and do a repair install, as Crazy has said

or

2. You put your drive in another PC as a slave and we get some minidumps and see what is causing the error and try to fix it, which may be running a repair installation, because if this is happening in safe mode then it has to be a critical component.

Let me know which route you want to go down.

So now, after fiddling around for hours with the UBCD, I get the message: Windows could not load etc. the following file is missing or corrupted-
<windows root> \ win32\hal.dll. Great!
I think I found a friend with an XP disk so I'll give that a shot. Hopefully I won't lose all my data. I've got a ton of stuff on my computer!

Also, using the UBCD, it seems my HD is set to 3 partitions, two of which have alot of info on them and 1 that has very little. Shouldn't I only have two partitions?

no, thats normal.

If you can't restore windows, you could always install it ontop of the current one. Then you can move all of your files and do a "clean" instal.

Installing on another windows instal is a last resort, and it's best to reinstall in completly after you backed up your files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back