Help, SYSTEM DISK Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this one is already posted but this one is different. I got this message during boot up:

Checking boot system in IRQ 01 . . OK

"Invalid System Disk,
Replace Disk then press any key"

I don't know what to do, i have done every thing that I read on the net and other post but still I cannot able to fix it.

About my computer :
Windows Mellinium
processor: Pentium 3
I have a CD-Rom 56X speed
A floopy disk
I have an Anti-Virus Chip

Does anyone can help me to resolve this problem. There is no CD or a floopy disk inserted on any of my drives when this messages appear. And also I'm not good of touching those hardwares installed in my computer.

Thanks in advance.

Something Bad has happened to your hard drive. Maybe the boot sector has become corrupt, maybe the whole disk has been wiped, maybe the drive has died..

Do you see your drive being detected by the system BIOS at bootup? If no then you have some physical issue like a cable being loose or some electronic component burned down. If your BIOS can't see the drive then nothing will work.

First thing, get a diagnostic utility from the drive manufacturer and test the drive for damage. Then try the drive in another computer or with a CD Linux to see if the contents can be accessed.

Ater that you can either try to make the thing work again or reinstall from scratch.

Also after doing Nodsu's suggestions travel to bootdisk.com and download a WinME bootdisk...unzip the file to a clean floppy. Then re-boot with the floppy in and choose Start with CD-Rom support. When it finishes running at the A: prompt type sys C: and hit enter. Then remove the floppy and re-boot.

Good Luck and let us know.

patio. :cool:

UPDATES :

When I use the Floopy and CD-Rom as my Boot Drives, this messages appear:

Checking Boot System in Floopy / CD-rom . . not found

And also, my floopy drive doesn't read any floopy disk anymore (even from the start when my computer is still fix)

There are no cables or electronic thingys were loose on my PC.

And last, If I try your suggestion, do I gonna lose my files. I don't want my files to be deleted, I don't have any back-up. And if neccesary, Do I need to get a new drives or disk to replace my old ones?

Please continue to help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back