Help! System Mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there. im just wondering if anybody else has had a problem with SYSTEM MECHANIC 6 drive scrubber.

my story is as follows-

i went to use DRIVE SCRUBBER the other day and used it successfully.too successfully!i formatted a floppy as told,then went through the program as told,used the 1 wipe option,with beginning to end.the program proceeded to wipe my drive.after the program had finished ,the pc rebooted,but the only screen to come up was a blank one with the letter A at the top left corner,and a curser next to it!there was no memory check when booting up,no nothing!

could someone please help me with this probs as im thinking its maybe wiped the BIOS ,and just maybe i have to buy a new motherboard

That's the cursor you see when you boot from a floppy.
Since you wiped you harddisk, there's nothing on it now.
You'll need to re-install whatever was on there before, Windows, Linux, whatever.

hello,BS.ta for answering my thread.the reason used drive scrubber in the first place was to wipe my drive,instead of formatting.i knew id have to re-install everything (as per usual after a format) but the floppy boot disc that i made didnt do nothing. i left it for 3 hrs. nothing. i turned my pc off and on,there wasnt even a memory check ,nom bios screen,nothing.there still isnt.could system mechanic of wiped my bios? or is my system still set for reading the floppy that doesnt work?if either, what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back