Help upgrading an HP Vectra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

It has a 700mhz Celeron on 66mhz bus socket 370 815 chip set. Im trying to find out how far the processor can be upgraded. There are no multiplier or frequency settings in the BIOS. Ive heard some of these mobo's are clock locked. Thanks

Found this on HP's site-
Note: The Processor-Local (PL) bus of Socket 370 Celeron and Socket 370 Pentium III processors, also referred to as their FSB (Front Side Bus), is implemented in GTL + technology. This technology features open-drain signal drivers that are pulled-up to 1.5 V through five (5) 6 ohm resistors on the bus, acting as bus terminators.

The supported operating frequencies of the GTL + bus are 66, 100 or 133 MHz. The width of the data bus is 64 bits, the width of the address is 32 bits.

I bought an 866mhz PIII on Ebay. Hopefully it will work. I found this computer sitting on top of a dumpster. The only thing wrong with it was bad memory. I just want to see how far I can soup it up. I put in a Radeon 8500 and it plays games really well. I'll probably end up giving it to my niece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back