Help using a network's external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunnybunn5

i have a small network workgroup set up in my office and i was trying to figure out, if at all possible, how to save information (video recordings) to the external hard drive of a computer this computer is networked with. i can see the other computer's external hard drive, etc, but the computer doesnt view it as a drive it sees it as a folder and wont let me save anything to it (it will only let me save to the other computer's C drive) from the this (the non-attached) computer. is it possible to save recordings to the other computer's external hard drive? if so please please please let me know how. thanks so much!

You have to turn on file sharing on those PC with external drives.. If they're not turned on it won't work. Btw you can do the say with those 5-in-1 flash reader/writer drives be shared two..

file sharing is on. could there be something else preventing me from being able to save to the other computer's external hd?

Are you the local admin on those PCs also. Can you remote into them using your current ID and password? If not then each PC has to be setup for to access them as admin. Since you're not on a domain then it would be called Computer Administrator Account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back