Help using Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the deal. I can use Remote desktop on my laptop to get to my desk PC. No Problem here. But when I go to any other PC on my network (7 total), they cannot connect to my desk PC. They are ALL on the same network with the same domain name. I can even map drives to them. I have re-booted everything. I have turned off all firewalls. I'm using the same name and password when trying to get in from the others.
Why will the laptop work but not the others? HELP, please...

When you say can't connect, do you get an error message of any sort? Does it just sit there?

There's not a lot that can go wrong, but you should check to make sure Remote Desktop is actually turned on, check that your user account has remote desktop privileges, ensure the Remote Desktop service is started and triple check there's no 'unnoticed' security software blocking your RD ports (Windows integrated firewall, for example).

Error:
Remote Desktop Disconnected.
The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be to busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection.

I have it figured out. I really feel stupid for this one. I should have been putting the computer name in the other machines but I was putting a public IP address. Used the correct name and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back