HELP website problems

i need to add a registration system to my web site for users and im so confused my head is aching, a frind who knows very little actualy said it has somthing to do with PhP coding well hes probly right i dont have a clue please help me if you can i have a string of further questions too but hey 1 step at a time

take a look at my site whats on a free server that DOEASNT support PhP so il need a better one if i need the PhP stuff OH and i got dreamweaver mx 2004 so if that helps u help me then great...

look i know ur thinking why have i posted this here :S well i only just registered and after 10 mins of looking for a web design section i thought il post in the general bit sorry!

TY Da FreeN

ARRGGHHH database ? set up? ay wat help please

Yea sounds good to me...

i browsed the supprt files on dreamweaver, and it says a hell of alot about some sort of connection to server i duno, im a noob.

Problem bieng im setting up a site based on music iv sorted all the legal stuff its just the site i cant do :( quite frustrating actualy
so i done a few things stil cant work it out...

i mean om the support it said i could do the sQ wat ever you said coding but i have to set up a database err NOW im even more confused...

i know that the server you told me about uses frontpage but can i publish the same in dreamweaver??

well thanks loads of questions :( sry to be a burden but we all gota start some where huh :D
ty matey

Forget about Dreamweaver alltogether, that's only for the professionals. It also has a very steep learning curve.

For beginners, it's easier to use M$ Frontpage instead, which also covers databases to some extent. You will need a hosting company that supports Frontpage extensions, which makes hosting a bit more expensive in some cases.

An almost foolproof website-maker can be found in Netobjects Fusion.
If you can still get a copy of PCAnswers June 2005 (# 146), it has a free copy of Version 7 on it (latest is V8).
Back copies can be ordered from backissues@futurenet.co.uk

Back