HELP.. why Internal harddrive AUTOPLAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just formatted my computer and installed with Windows XP SP2. After that, I ecountered with following problem!

When I double click my D drive (eventually my second partition on my main hard disk), an error message "...can't find sxs.exe...can't perform autoplay..."
appears. I right click the D drive and I found out that the action for double click D: becomes "Autoplay" instead of "Open" (my C: still performs "open").

*blur*

Can anyone help me?
Anyway to switch back action for double click to "Open"?
What is SXS.EXE?

Thanks so much for the help.

It's a virus. Here's more info.
http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?VName=WORM_DELF.DAR

Right click on the drive and choose 'Explore'... You should be able to open it this way. The default action for any drive is to Autoplay, but since there's no Autoplay file (autorun.inf) located at the root of the drive, the default run action actually opens the drive for browsing.

If you explore your drive, you should be able to delete autorun.inf and your drive should work normally. I don't know anything about the virus you've gotten though, so it may recreate this file or work in more mysterious ways. That's my explaination though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back