Help Wid Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need peoples help. Ill be making a new pc and I would like some help from you guys. I wanna make a gaming PC wich can play all games smoothly. But the price of the PC Isnt too Pricey.

What's your exact budget? "Not too pricey" to some can mean 600-700$ and to others it can mean 1500-2000$.

Hehe, for 1500-2000 you'd build a VERY high end system. That's not exactly "not too pricey", if you know what I mean. Anyways, I'm sure lots of folks here will soon suggest good parts.

I have MSN and i can suggest you a list of parts which will include a 8800GTX and a E6700 or maybe even a quad core for 2000.

For a system within that price range, I would suggest this;

Asus nForce 570 SLI - $111.40
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - $318.00
OCZ 2GB (2X1GB) Memory - $224.98
eVGA 8800GTX - $595.13
Thermaltake 700Watt SLI-Ready PSU - $164.99
Seagate Barracuda 250GB HDD - $80.93
Samsung 17" LCD - $195.07
Sony 16X DVD-R Drive - $44.99
Creative Soundblaster Xtrene Gamer - $132.33
Lian Li ATX Mid Tower Case -$115.98

TOTAL: $1983.80

The computer I just put together would be able to play any game at maxed settings on a high resolution :D ! It is at the top of your given range of budget, although it would last for a few years. You can change anything in here, especially if you don't like the case (I picked it out due to Lian Li's known name and ventilation quality). Good Luck :wave: !

Hey cfitzarl maybe you could have gone a bit higher in the mobo recommendation? That's a budget SLI board there. Also I think a 19" widescreen LCD would be better than a 17", especially for gaming. :grinthumb

Also, higher speed RAM would be better. Corsair's new DOMINATOR line of modules should get the job done: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145168
These things cost a fortune and are for high-end users with cash to burn :p.

Also, I am just really curious, Keshigami: Good lord, how the heck do you consider $1500-$2000 "not too pricey" ??? (you don't have to answer this one, mate).

The rest of the parts these guys recommend looks like they will be superb in your new gaming rig.

One more question (that is important): do you also need, within your budget, a monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, etc? Is your $1500-$2000 budget strictly for the system itself, or do you also need a monitor, keyboard/mouse, speakers, and the sort?

Best of luck with your build. ;)

Grafficks said:
Hey cfitzarl maybe you could have gone a bit higher in the mobo recommendation? That's a budget SLI board there. Also I think a 19" widescreen LCD would be better than a 17", especially for gaming. :grinthumb

Also, higher speed RAM would be better. Corsair's new DOMINATOR line of modules should get the job done: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145168
These things cost a fortune and are for high-end users with cash to burn :p.

Also, I am just really curious, Keshigami: Good lord, how the heck do you consider $1500-$2000 "not too pricey" ??? (you don't have to answer this one, mate).

The rest of the parts these guys recommend looks like they will be superb in your new gaming rig.

One more question (that is important): do you also need, within your budget, a monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, etc? Is your $1500-$2000 budget strictly for the system itself, or do you also need a monitor, keyboard/mouse, speakers, and the sort?

Best of luck with your build. ;)

I was kind of restricted not knowing if he needed a monitor or not, and I chose that one for the very fast timings (2ms). I would have picked out DDR2800 memory, although the motherboard accepted DDR2667, so I thought I would look at that to keep the budget down somewhat.

NOTE: I think I'm going to cut down the soundcard and add a better motherboard :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back