help wireless internet dont detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch04

hi ok i have 2 wirless internet laptop's and one connects to my router with really good signal and the other laptop wont detect it eathen when i put it really close. So i drove around connecting to other peoples internet and it worked fine it detected just not my router but the other laptop can. my wireless router is an apple airport extreme.
thanks

Reset all, by pressing the tiny button in the back of the units. Then go to add and remove software and reinstall the discs that came with those two devices.
Then set your security to WPA using something easy for you and other users to remember.

are you sure ? because it works fine for the other laptop and mabe i thought i could be some frequency i look 802.11g mabe it could be that or something i dunno but it would at least detect it wouldnt it?

thanks for the help

In our experience, a full removal and reinstall is cleaner, and takes much less time than diddling around to troubleshoot a problem.
One more hint... if the devices are different brands, do not use their individual install discs... use standard installs from the internet suggestions.

hey i did all that and still doesnt detect it. any other suggestions could i print screen u something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back