Help with ad hoc network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey...
Recently my wireless router stopped working due to some electrical trouble with it..so for the time being I was trying out ad hoc networking(My knowledge about this is really meager)..My desktop has Linksys wireless G PCI adapter and my laptop is centrino..both having win xp as operating systems.
I went through some websites and was able to configure an ad hoc wireless network on desktop and gave it IP -- 192.168.100.1 and my laptop 192.168.100.2 and both were able to connect with each other.
I have ethernet Internet connection..Is it possible for me to share Internet on both the computers simultaneously without connecting them with any wire or through wireless router..?

Go to www.google.com
In the search box type "ad hoc internet connection sharing" (sans quotes) and press enter.
Read the dozens of guides that magically pop up.

Hmm, I'm sure there was a more friendly way of putting it.

Basically you will need to enable internet connection sharing on the computer that will be directly connected to the internet. Then the second computer can connect through it. This is quite a simple process. You can usually use the Windows XP network setup wixard to enable these settings.

Have fun!

Well, It was with help of google that I started up with ad hoc networking but things were not working out.I did check the box against internet sharing on the computer to which the ethernet cable is connected but still I am not able to connect to the internet.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back