Help with AV System Care Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasaman

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with AV System Care Malware... Every time that I launch MS Explorer I get popups informing me that my pc is infected and that I should download AV System Care to sort the issue out. I tried to run a full system scan with AVG Free but it didn’t detect anything. Also I am getting many alerts from Zone Alarm about a program called spdamrdbhm.exe trying to connect to an outside IP address. For now this program is blocked by Zone Alarm but if it is related to the above malware I would like to get rid of it!

I have attached an HJT log below. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Cheers!!

I can see one nasty in your HJT log. However, we need to thoroughly check your system for malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of sasaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard,

OK I have followed and completed all the steps listed in your post. The pc is still very very slow... I have also attached to this post the requested fresh logs! Many thanks for your help!! It is much appreciated!! :grinthumb

Run AVG Antirootkit and have it fix all those entries.

Reboot your system and run AVG Antirootkit again, see if it finds anything and let me know.

Delete the C:\Qoobox folder.

This thread is for the use of sasaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard,

AVG Anti-Rootkit did not find anything in both occasions and I have deleted the folder on the C drive. Should I do anything else or do you think I'm clear?

Again thanks for your help!! :bounce:

I think you`re good to go now.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back