Help With Bios needed after attempted overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

well i wanted to overclock my cpu so i turned off my pc and turned it back onentered bios, there i located cpu,and went on manually configure, so i did entering numeric details (looked on a website) then i saved and restarted pc,when restarting i noticed the screen wasnt comin on i turned the screen on and bak off then on again no change, i opend pc (turned off first) all was well everything was running, so i unpluged all back cables n replugged, then restarted no change i have absoloutely no clue wat i've done,

PC spec

4600+ 2 x 2.4 amd anthlon 64
2 x 7600gt xpertvision
60 gig h d (LOL!!)
m2n-e sli (mobo)
reg floppy drive
550w psu
2.5gb ram
wireless - wl 138g
soundblast Live!
dvd + cd rw

please help :) thanks.

Hi topps and welcome to TechSpot :)

all you should have to do is clear CMOS. this will reset your BIOS back to it's default settings.

most motherboards have a CLR CMOS jumper. if your does, then turn your computer off and move the jumper into the CLR position for a few seconds, then move it back into the NRM (normal) position. then turn your PC back on.

if your mobo doesn't have a jumper, than you will have to remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds. both methods will clear the CMOS and reset your BIOS.

cheers :wave:

could you please explain what these componetns are such as..

CMOS battery
jumper into the CLR position
CLR CMOS jumper

its not that im dumb, but im only 15 and i am going in to computers and computer programming + engineering so this would help :) :: by the way ill have a look at my mobo manual to try and find it::

ahh its all gravy now, after looking at my mobo manual i found the cmos battery removed it replaced it and then got it running normal again thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back