Help with building gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

babybluecivic

I'm about to start building my first pc I know a bit about computers but not a whole lot I really just need help on the mobo and processor maybe a few tips on the graphics card too. If i'm not mistakin thats the major parts of a gaming pc right? the games i will really be playing is halo, halo 2, half-life 2, nfs underground, nfs underground 2, and any new games similar to these. I would like to keep the pc reasonably cheap but i hate lagging with a passion and will be playing multiplayer online alot.

for the mobo id go for a new ASUS that supports AMD64 and then a AMD 64FX Processor, graphics cards come in alot of flavours so its really up to you but at least 256mb....find out what the recommended specs for hose gmes are then get sumthing better than that....

well the latest CPUs and cards are not cheap at all. If you don't have a lot of money a good athlon XP system will do fine. I play quite a few decent games on my XP system.

SLI need help learning this

I've kinda been out of the computer game for a little bit and wuz just doing some studying and started reading about SLI. Can somebody explain this to me a little better? Does this mean there is a way to put dual graphics cards on sli ready mobos' but the graphics cards have to be sli compatable right? if i'm using my computer for gaming only do I really need to go this extreme. also does the amd athlon64 3400+ cpu sound good enough for gaming i'd also make sure i could upgrade on my mobo later.

if you are on a budget I would forget sli. Their are a lot of good boards out there that will do the trick. I am happy with mine and the venice 3200. The nforce 4 rocks.

Along with that though you need a good graphics card. Mine is ok but would recommend x800 at least. That will be the most expensive item but will make the most difference.

Lastly good ram. Mine has overclocked well and I am very happy with it. Just some thoughts, there are a lot of options.

Oh yes, don't skimp on the psu, I did and have been lucky but this could mess the whole system up if you don't do your homework.

First you neeed at least 1 gig of ram, second i wouldnt go with the x800 hes on a BUDGET here, go with the 6600 GT and overclock it easily,(i have a 9800 pro, and i love it) and lastly is the psu get at least 400watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back