Help with buying memory....

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I built my own computer, and need to upgrade it even further with the memory. Originally I bought 256mb ram, planning on upgrading later. The time has come and am asking you (all) if I should buy 512mb ram, or save up longer and go for 1gb ram? My computer takes ddr 400 pc2100 ram, and some kind of ddr2 ram (I deal with ddr).

All depends on what you use your computer for, really.

But as a generic answer to a generic question, 1Gb of ram is pretty much the standard these days.

Well a celeron isn't going to really used for gaming - it's too underpowered. So that leaves it for office work and old games. 512MB should be sufficient, but if you use a lot of office applications 1 GB (2 matched 512s) are ok also. If it is a laptop go for 1gb - saves wear and tear on the HD and the battery.

Personally I would take out the 256mb and put in 2 512mb sticks. This should only cost around $100.

Good Luck

Korrupt

Tedster said:
$100 ? Must be made of gold!

You can get RAM a lot cheaper than that!!! ;)

here at my country you can buy it for $35-43 but its only generic
if you want branded it cost around $50-70 :)

anyway ,if you have enough money, then I go for 1g. why? almost all games that release now a days have high system requirements. but as they say 2 512mb is sufficient. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back