HELP WITH capture card sound help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

OK well i have a capture card its hooked to my tv pc etc i got everything to work but i cant get it to record sound any help on this please and where does it plug into?

My crystal ball is broken again, so I can't look up things like what ort of devices you have and what exactly are you trying to do , but I'll just make wild guesses..

Video cables do not carry audio. You have to connect a separate cable from your TV's audio output to your soundcard or the capture card (if it has audio inputs).

ok

SAA7130 PCI TV Card - Video Capture

thats the card that i have and i want to get sound working when im recording i mainly use it for my ps2 i also have the logitech 5.1 surround sound hooked up to my ps2 when i use it.

if the audio out isnt integrated with the card (through the pci i mean) then you'll need to find the audio out jack or 4 pins that goes to your motherboard

well yes... sound needs to come from somewhere.... and when you record from your tv card, it goes out of that hole/pin and into the line in (usualy) on your soundcard, or directly to the motherboard...

so heres some setup scenario..
Code:
                                video (goes through the pc)
antenna cable>tv card{
                                audio-out>line in (sound card)
Code:
                                        video (pc)
Playstation (video out) > tv card{
 \PS Audio>line in (pc/souncard)      TV Audio not used

then PC>monitor/tv/etc, PC>speakers etc..

most common way of setting up a Playstation or any picture device to your pc.. and record everything.. also note that No.1 can also be applied if you are using the RF (antenna) connector for your PS/video playback device to the card, but the audio line needs to be there as well or you get no sound..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back