Help with computer startup please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMaluJordan

Hi. I really need help with my computer. It takes about 6 minutes for my computer to load when i start it up. Can someone help me decrease the time it takes for my computer to start up. thanks.

DaMaluJordan said:
Hi. I really need help with my computer. It takes about 6 minutes for my computer to load when i start it up. Can someone help me decrease the time it takes for my computer to start up. thanks.

If your talking about the boot up process, there are some things you can do.

You can turn off your GUI and reduce your time out in the Boot.ini file (through msconfig)

Type msconfig on the cmd line and click on the BOOT.INI tab

check the NOGUIBOOT box and reduce the timeout box from 30 to 15 or 20. I use 15 on mine and have no problems

If you want to optimize your startup & memory after logging in, then go to msconfig again

this time go to the startup tab and disable any program that you do not want to load at startup

If you have Steam, Trillian, QuickTime, eTrust AV or Norton installed, then uninstall them or make sure they don't load on startup.

Remove everything in your "StartMenu -> All programs -> Startup" folder

Check to see if Quick Boot is enabled in the BIOS (if it has that feature). That will save a little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back