Help with data recovery? anyone offering a service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some data recovery. I have a harddrive, that was my secondary hard drive, and it stopped working. Windows wont even detect it (in the windows or the bios). the stuff i have on it is pretty important because I make movies. The hardrive is 300gb, but only has about 200gb on it. I got quotes as low as 100$that is if i provide the harddrive to transfer the data too. If anyone here does or knows of anyone that specializes in data recovery, it would be great! thanks alot -Nick

if windows won't detect it and BIOS won't detect it, you'll need a professional company to do it. This will cost some money.

Spinrite 6.0 will very often do it... when the drive is used as a slave. Also a large number of other recovery programs... none cheap... all over $100 will do it ok unless the drive has glass plates, or plates that have warped.
They all take a very long time... sometimes as long as 24 hours... See the data recovery section of www.majorgeek.com as many of the ones listed there work well.
You must install the drive EXACTLY as instructed, and you must be very patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back