Help with DSL MODEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you own your modem, or was it leased to you by your ISP? many ISPs rent their equipment out, and will consequently replace it free of charge.

I own it, when i called yesterday, the rep told me that there was 1 year warranty on it, but that expired 7-8 years ago, at this point i don't know what other steps to take besides buying a new modem..

Any suggestions ???

8 years is a good run for any modem. Your ISP should be able to provide you with a replacment free of charge, just give them a call

I currently work for an ISP in Canada, If you got the modem from the ISP and you are renting it, the ISP should be able to provide you with a replacement modem no matter how long you have had the previous modem. If the Tech agent on the phone does not help you, ask for the supervisor and give him a piece of your mind! :0

Thanx guys, my isp will send me a new one. I have to pay for it now, but I'll get my money back with mail in rebate.....

That's the way it should be... My Cable Internet ISP gave me a free modem replacment. I have been with them for 6 years

The ISP I work for gives away a free cable modem if your dies.

I've just replaced a modem that died and the customer has been with us for more then 15 years and no cost to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back