Help with error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was plaing Myst Uru, and I beat the game. I have the expansion pack The Path Of Shell and was playing that, I got inside a building, and in this one spot, when I turn to the right near a pole, the computer restarts OR goes to a blue screen showing the details of the error. I can get past this first glitch if I go the other way, but as soon as I go out the door, it does this again. Also, my computer sometimes randomly restarts when doing simple tasks, and could be caused by the same problem.

On the blue screen it says that the error was caused by nv4_disp.dll (I have a nVidia GeForce FX 5500)

The only other useful info I can gather is that the error is called PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

What is going on? Can anybody help me?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4 minidumps crash at nv4_disp.dll. this is your Nvidia graphics card driver. They also reference UruExplorer.exe. This your games browser. They have a bugcheck of 50.

1 minidump crashes at sptd.sys. this is a driver for Daemon tools. It is known to cause problems on some systems/configurations. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

1 minidump crashes at ati2cqag.dll. This is a diver for the ATI brand of graphics cards. It also references UruExplorer.exe. It has a bug check of EA.

Why do you have an ATI driver on your system?

Uninstall all your graphics card drivers(including any ATI drivers) from add remove programme in your control panel. Reboot your machine.

Download and run the Driver cleaner programme from HERE. Read the instructions carefully. Then run the cab cleaner first for both Nvidia and ATI. then, run the driver cleaner for both NVidia and ATI.

Reboot your computer and install the latest drivers for your Current video card.

See if that helps.

Also, check for any patches/updates for the game.

You should also run the tests, in the link I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

I have had an ATI card in there, but wouldn't work, so we took it out. It might be possible that it kept the drivers on here. The Drivers aren't listed on the Add Remove program for the ATI, so what should I do? Leave it? And is removing the drivers for my video card a safe thing to do? Just asking because I've had problems with video cards in the past.

Yes you should remove the video card drivers, it is perfectly safe. The Driver cleaner programme should get rid of the ATI drivers.

Once you`ve done, go to the Nvidia website and download and install the latest drivers for your card.

Regards Howard :)

I followed the guidlines of what you told me, to (Just a few tweaks) and I got it working better than it was. My best guess is that the ATI drivers were conflicting with the nVidia drivers, since you said that both of them had Myst Uru on them. Anyway, thanks, you've been very helpful, and patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back