Help with Firefox/Apache Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS | Thomas

Hi guys, I've been trying to get Firefox to work correctly with an Intranet site at work. Basically the page loads a person credit report; as sent out to them. Pressing the "Online Data" button loads a new window with the data as on our system (i.e. with the latest data available to us). However, this window refuses to load in Firefox, it pops up, but doesn't complete loading. Strange thing is that it loads just fine in IE (Even IE7 ;)) & in Opera. Checking the error console gives me the following error. Anyone able to translate this for me?

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14 - Error report</title><STYLE><!--H1{font-family : sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma;color : white;background-color : #0086b2;} H3{font-family : sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma;color : white;background-color : #0086b2;} BODY{font-family : sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma;color : black;background-color : white;} B{color : white;background-color : #0086b2;} HR{color : #0086b2;} --></STYLE> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error</h1><HR size="1" noshade><p><b>type</b> Exception report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Internal Server Error</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.</u></p><p><b>exception</b> <pre>java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.equifax.ntg.dbreport.action.CheckSessionAction.actionPerform(CheckSessionAction.java:59)
at com.equifax.ntg.gfe.action.GenericAction.perform(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1787)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1586)
at com.equifax.ntg.gfe.framework.GenericActionServlet.process(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:458)
at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
</pre></p><HR size="1" noshade><h3>Apache Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14</h3></body></html>

Looks more like a server-side issue - Tomcat croaking (where are the friggin 9 lives???). Maybe Firefox sends some bad data that your appserver can't handle?

I suppose you don't have the actual sources so you could check what exactly is done in SessionAction.java at line 59? You could also do some packet capturing to see what data exactly is passed between the server and the client right before the crash (that is unless you are using HTTPS).

Just update Tomcat and Java perhaps?

I've passed the error on at work yesterday alright. Though I was hoping it would be more of a client side issue - some about:config pref overlooked or plugin even :)
Sun's Java 1.5 runtime is installed on the systems I've used (Home & Work); thought it strange it should work ok with Opera though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back