Help with flashdrive please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an 8gb flash drive to download my pics from my home computer (my home computer took a dump on me -- i can get it to work in safemode, but that's it). I have MANY MANY pictures of my kids on there that I need to get off of there before we reboot the darn computer. I put them on the flashdrive. At home, they all showed up. I get to work, some are not showing up anymore -- just blank folders showing nothing in them. I had this issue w/ another flashdrive that i had -- the pics were just showing up as the JPEG image & i was unable to open them. I thought I had this figured out, but this new flashdrive is doing the same thing :( any thoughts anyone? what can I do to get all my pics on there w/out any problems?? please help!! thank you!

What version of Windows do you have at home? Did you use the "safely remove hardware" icon before removing the flash drive?

omahamommy said:
I bought an 8gb flash drive to download my pics from my home computer (my home computer took a dump on me -- i can get it to work in safemode, but that's it). I have MANY MANY pictures of my kids on there that I need to get off of there before we reboot the darn computer. I put them on the flashdrive. At home, they all showed up. I get to work, some are not showing up anymore -- just blank folders showing nothing in them. I had this issue w/ another flashdrive that i had -- the pics were just showing up as the JPEG image & i was unable to open them. I thought I had this figured out, but this new flashdrive is doing the same thing :( any thoughts anyone? what can I do to get all my pics on there w/out any problems?? please help!! thank you!

An 8GB flash drive can hold a lot of pictures. I have a 256MB flash drive that holds over 300 pictures. Could you be using Windows 98 or Windows Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back