Help with Geforce 2MX400

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV30

It's got 64 megs of RAM. System is P4 1.7GHz 512MB RAM WinXP.
Tried on 40.41, 28.32 and 23.11 drivers. All weren't that great.
Speed is fine, but I'm finding it very hard to get the best graphic quality out of it. :( Could someone please tell me what the best driver is and what the best GTU settings are?

Thanks a ton,

outta the 3 that you've tried, its known that the two (23.11 and 40.41's aren't that great for picture quality) 23.11's are known for super stability and 40.41 for benchwarming.. :D

i think you should try 22.40 without taking a hit in speed... those are the ones i got...

i think different drivers give different results for each system... you should basically try most of em out...

my 3.14 cents ;)

Well I tried both. 22.40 gave me very bad textures despite my best efforts to correct it. The Omega drivers installed fine, but I still have my old driver installed! I'll try the Omega later on.

Thanks

Well the Omega's aren't bad, however I'm seeing way too much aliasing that I'm trying to fix thru the GTU/Rivatuner.

In Riva, under the 'Power User' tab & at the bottom, is 'open matched Detonator database'. Do that & use the 30.30 Det. because there is no 30.82 in Riva, yet.

Then you can open & install the 'Merge presets' for quality.

Mipmapping: 0 & enable user mipmaps. Depth Buffer: W & Z. Blitting: none. V-sync: 3 & on. Textures: enable all & Anisotropy: level 2-force on. Compatibility: For shaper texts, move the slider to the left & Enable fog table emulation. Antialiasing: more is better. These are the *quality* DX settings. The 'preset' for quality will set a lot of them.

Set your monitor to 75mhz or better also.

HTH,

JAV
GBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back