Help with graphics/motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i just got a k8n neo3 motherboard from my friend...(my old motherboard died). And everything is great except for the fact that my ati radeon 9600xt wont work on there. Now when i went to go look for drivers i found one but needed to first reinstall windows. Now i went to go reinstall windows with the POS pci graphics card i have but i could only do things in safe mode or the compy would crash. Now i was thinking this is due to the differences in drivers for the stuff i had in my compy before i switch parts. Now i am stuck with trying to reinstall windows...but when i get to the end of installing the download freezes and doesnt start up again.

The pci and agp cards use entirely different drivers for both the cards and the slots, you should try an install with the agp card.
If you have no data you want to keep on the hdd or you have made a back up then a full format would be a good idea just in case you have any data corruption on it.

Yes, your best option would be a complete reformat and reinstall of windows go HERE to find a step by step guide on how to,

Regards,

Korrupt

the board i have doesnt support my graphics card, like i said my friend got it for me, i dont have the money to switch graphics cards...and i cant see if with the agp card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back