Help with HP Onboard Audio Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time at TechSpot. Can someone help me by telling me what to do for audio drivers for an HP Pavillion a1012x motherboard, or what else might be the cause of no audio. I installed Realtech drivers (not sure of right ones) and there is no warning sign in the Device Manager, but there is no sound.

The Realtech interface recognizes improper connections fine (ie. plugging the speakers into the line ine gives a warning message, but still no audio when reconnected properly). The official site doesn't seem to have them and I am not sure if Realtech is the proper driver, nor sure what Realtech driver is apporiate for XP service pack 2 for this motherboard.

The computer is just the onboard motherboard ports plus an ATI Radeon, an Athlon 64 3200+, a Toshiba DVD burner and a Maxtor harddrive. Is there an alternate audio out on the motherboard, and if so, how can I get the pinouts to attach the side panel outputs on the cutom case (this computer was in a new case when I got it and the recovery CD with Audio Drivers was not included.)

Thanks.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=465196&lang=en

Here are all your factory drivers with updates

UAA is Microsoft's Universal Audio Architecture; an audio driver architecture model supported by the operating system.
Many HP and Compaq PCs have Intel High Definition Audio which uses UAA and Realtek ALC. All of these audio components work together to provide a high-definition audio experience on your HP or Compaq PC.

It is realtek just have to make sure you get the correct driver. How do I get UAA drivers?
The proper UAA files should already exist on your PC if you have not upgraded your system. If you upgrade/downgrade Windows or if newer UAA files have been replaced with older versions, you may need to install a sound driver package that contains both the UAA files and the audio driver files.
HP cannot deliver UAA as a separate download, only the audio driver files for audio hardware. UAA can only be restored through the HP Recovery Process.
In the event you have upgraded/downgraded Windows, you can download full audio driver packages from the audio codec manufacturer:
Realtek (in English)

***If I understand right then it sounds like somebody has disconnected the front panel audio then the back panel audio wont work. You can either plug the front panel audio back in and just leave it in the box or add a jumper to the mother board where it says fp audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back